BC area dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blitz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have heard of a dive called Furry Creek, that is somewhere between Horseshoe Bay and Squamish. Can anyone give an a good map to the site?

Thanks,

Marc

it's one of my favourite sites in the area...nice wall. i saw my first sailfin sculpin there, and i saw 3 octopi in one dive there.

drive up the sea to sky, and make like you are driving to the furry creek golf course...you want to go to Oliver's Landing. There's parking a little way up the street, and there are stairs down to the beach. easy entry. just be quiet and respectful....it's a residential neighbourhood. :)

I am thinking about doing the Furry Creek dive this Sunday and want to avoid a mud dive. Anyone who is familiar with the area please check out this map and try to tell me where the wall is and the bottle dump and the anenome garden.

Furry%20Chart.jpg

well my experience here is that the wall is on the right. descend on the bouy and head to your right. I don't know of a bottle dump or an anenome garden. sorry.

I'm really bad with direction, but if you go down the buoy, the wall is straight and to your right...and you should pass the bottle dump on the way to the wall...i *think* the anemone garden is somewhere on the left...but we just found iot by accident. the first dive i did at furry was definitely a mud dive. we went in circles around the mud, looking for something, and we randomly came across the gardens.

i'm not much help, sorry.

Thanks. I read somewhere that the wall starts at 50 feet so I guess I will go down the buoy then swim up the channel at the 50ft mark until I hit the wall or run out of air, which ever comes first. It's always fun to dive a new site.

We were heading to Furry Creek but a mud slide shut down the highway. Instead we dove Whytecliffe on the left wall (the island you see on your left when facing the water). The wall is long and deep but not too much life. A few cod with the odd anemone and some sponges.

I did find one interesting creature though, which proves that any dive can turn out great. I had never seen a butterfly crab before. Looking at the photos the shell looks like some kind of alien fighter jet.

r%20cropacrab06.jpg

r%20crab02b.jpg

Soooo glad I didn't do an early morning dive this AM. Might still be there.

Very cool crab - never seen one.

Back
Top Bottom