BC and Reg Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi to all,
I finaly made my choices and bought my equipment. Dive-Rite Trans pac II, Apeks, Tx-50 with Tx-40 Octo. My first stage is DIN so I bought the DIN-Yoke adapter. My reasoning was that I can dive HP steels at home, and aluminum 80's on vacation.
The problem is, the adapter moves the 1st stage far enough forward that the hoses interfere with the wing. If I move the tank up, the 1st stage is right at the back of my head and I can't easily look up.
If I move the wing down on the harness, it may affect my trim to much.(havn't tried it yet)

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks, Tavi

Grand Bahama, T minus 24 days and counting

Hey Tavi,

If your reg is ANYTHING like my Micra, then the Din portion will unscrew from the body of the regulator, and you only need to buy the voke portion for it. I actually bought the yoked version of the valve, and then the Din piece. One screws off... the other screws on. No adapters to hit you in the head.The best part, is that you have introduced no extra O-Rings into the situation, although many people are nervous with operating this close to their reg, I find the task ultra simple. JUST DON'T OVERTIGHTEN!

Pete from Orlando...

Thanks, Pete from Orlando...
It doesn't look like thats possible, but I'm not sure.I'll have to ask the tech, but he's in Florida diving for a week.I'm sure I'll have a solution before I leave, but I don't like waiting til the last minute.

Thanks again,Tavi

Grand Bahama, T minus 22 days and counting

hummmmmmmm

have you tried turning the tank around?
this usually works, and you won't have to change the hoses because you have the swivel.

brad

Dear Tavi

I've been diving 8ith the Trans-Pac II and a Dive Rite reg with a DIN connection and a Yoke convertor.
I never had problems with bumping my head nor with the reg disturbing the wings.
In my opinion you could move the wings a bit lower. Try to keep the first tank strap abot four-five fingers from the tank shoulders.

Turning the tank arround requiers sides swithcing of the hoses if you like to maintain the body of the reg downwords. Also it shorten the hoses by a few cm' and it creates arches from the hoses which are not exactly stream line. But yet again it might be a good solution if nothing else works

Good luck
Danny

Thanks Danny
The BC I was using was an XL, I had it adjusted down to fit as good as possible.Mine, when it comes in, is a ML,Maybe a better fit will make a difference too.
Do you use the integrated weights? or do you find a belt works better with this BC?

Rick

Hi Tavi,

The integrated weights work just fine, especially with twin tanks on the back, they blance you just right so you can stand vertically.

I use a belt only when I teach open water courses just to set an example.

Danny

Back
Top Bottom