Bayahibe DR, a destination worth going to for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GEORGEP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Me and a few buddies do a yearly dive trip and I'm looking at Bayahibe as a possible location this year. The hotel we are looking at (Viva Wyndham) would let us use either Reef Oasis (at the resort) or Dressel Divers (5 minute walk). My question is basically is this area a decent dive location? We have been to the Bahamas and Cozumel in the past. I know it won't be the same but is it decent enough for a 5-6 day trip? We are all experienced AOW or better... Help?

It is many years since I dived Bayahibe, but my opinion is: good holiday, very affordable, some decent diving, but I would struggle to fill a 5-6 dive trip with good diving.

YMMV.

It is more of a place to dive while on vacation .
There are better options with Scubafun or Sharkys to put together a real dive trip
Great shallow reefs with lots of small life , One wall dive off one of the Islands that is a little extra ,
I really like it for a family trip with dives in the morning / pool and beach afternoon
The all inclusives are quite good value

Bayahibe is definitely worth going to for diving. There are wreck dives, reef dives, wall dives and even cave dives if you are so certified. I also recommend contacting ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe or if you would like private diving I recommend BAYAHIBE’S MOST EXCLUSIVE DIVE CENTER We are returning for our time to Bayahibe and I will be diving with Scuba Fun again.

I'm literally typing this post from my hotel room in Bayahibe. As the others have said, I could not recommend ScubaFun more as I just finished doing a weeks worth of diving with them. The staff is complete aces and really know how to take care of everything so that all you have to do is enjoy the diving.

Back
Top Bottom