Bauer Utilus 10 runs but no air at the filling valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The utilus 10 is old but well maintained and was working fine and pumping tanks then the next time I tried it the unit runs and the pressure relief valve blows but there is no air getting to the filling valve.
The drain taps all blow air as normal so I wondered if any one else has seen this or has an idea of where to look.
I thought the pressure maintaining valve/section may be stuck or something wrong with it?

Any ideas as we have some divers coming in a few days time

Thanks Ramos

Take the filter apart, see if it is in one piece. I have seen activated charcoal turn to dust, and plug the outlet lines coming out of the filter.

Check if the filter is all the way inserted into the P21(P0) filter housing. AFAIR the filter housing is designed to preclude air getting out if the filter is not in or all the way inserted.

Michael

Thanks ofg and michael. I will pull the filter and replace it and see if that helps and also look inside for degradation
I pulled the pressure maintaining valve apart and it was all in fine condition so not that.

When I tried to run it the comp ran for a minute or so and then there was a burping sound from the top of the filter housing and I assumed it was the pressure relief valve blowing but I have never heard it before!!! It always blew from the adjustable pressure knob on the top so not sure what that was all about.

Any ideas on the burping noise.

Ramos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom