Question Bauer P21 filter felt size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sh_underwater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone.

It seems that three types of felt are used inside the P21 filter, but if anyone knows their size and thickness, please let me know.

371 IMG_7464.JPG

The Bauer plastic housing has a built in destruction mechanism. If you use it for a longer time it will break. We do not know what a "longer time" is. So it does not make sense at all to refill the cartridge. No refilling, no felt needed.

https://www.druckluft-service.de/index.php?seite=artikel&Artikelnummer=M333G030 I don't like this cartridge at all. It is very hard to get out the felts, poor construction.

There is (or was?) an Australian company producing a refillable cartridge for Bauer P21. I don't find the link anymore. The cartridges look very good.

I must have somehow managed to circumvent, the destruction mechanism
and I repack also rotate original Bauer filters with the greatest of successes

I also enter into the equation stainless repackables which don't last as long

I mainly pump to 300 bar, plus
all the compressors are electric

I must have somehow managed to circumvent, the destruction mechanism
and I repack also rotate original Bauer filters with the greatest of successes
I've seen 2 broken Bauer P21 filters, they both were repacked. You do not realise a broken filter until you exchange it. How many times did you repack until now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom