Bauer Oceanus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver-Drex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone have any experience with or opinions on the Oceanus? Basically a JR II upgraded to run continuous duty to maintain a two bottle bank.

Seems like a good fit for what I need, independent instructor with eight Al80s for students.

Drex

I have a 2001 Oceanus, love it, I fill 2 tanks at once -it doesn’t get hot, even when filling in the mid 20 degrees Celsius. Filling 2 tanks at the same time is beneficial as the tanks don’t get as hot & don’t need topping up.
6800F27F-D490-4EA5-83C1-1F40AAAF15DF.jpeg
9DE9D322-4CC3-4093-82CC-B1093AE2859D.jpeg

Magnificent!

I've got some conduit poking out of mine too, with a hose that I throw out of the garage.

The compressor guy said it doesn't make any difference, the compressor guy is an idiot.

Looking at your photos, your base plate and carrying handle appear to be the standard Junior 2 issue, whereas the Oceanus came with stainless steel items. I see the Oceanus sticker but I would be looking for the oil pump on the block.
The older Oceanus had the option of stainless steel base upgrade for extra $$, now it is standard. The junior2 & this Oceanus base & handle are indeed the same.
The crankcase is stamped 78198 which is exclusive for the Oceanus. Junior2 is 61371.
Having said all this, it would be possible for someone to change a sticker & plate & chase the higher price if the purchaser wasn’t aware of the block stamps.
32CC3558-8674-4DFB-ACF7-8EDF47A723E5.jpeg

24795183-AB76-45B5-8CA1-B015C5D96021.jpeg

Attachments

• F21A89A7-93F1-46E1-A286-B98015BB1DD7.jpeg
    F21A89A7-93F1-46E1-A286-B98015BB1DD7.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 52
Magnificent!

I've got some conduit poking out of mine too, with a hose that I throw out of the garage.

The compressor guy said it doesn't make any difference, the compressor guy is an idiot.
I cant see the harm in using the conduit/hose, that is how most yachts are set up with the unit in the hold. My reason for the short conduit is to make the intake a little bit further away from the compressor as the fan draws in particles when outside, also its harder for things to drop into the intake hole.

Yeah it's interesting how much rubble can be drawn in there

There is usually much cooler air outside when I am pumping

Cooler air, is what the comp person was commenting about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom