Bauer Novus compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlawler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone ever heard of a Bauer Novus compressor? I found this one on craigslist and it looks like a Bauer (Junior?), but I can't find any information what so ever on Novus anywhere on Bauers' website or the web.

The info in the ad:
This is a portable air compressor used for filling scuba tanks. It is geared for other uses for a standard air compressor as well. Made by Novus & Bauer

- Fills to 3200 lbs
- Takes 25 minutes for full tank
- dock adaptable electric
- boot adaptable election with 220 power on boat

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk210/diversolo/Bauer_Novus1.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk210/diversolo/Bauer_Novus2.jpg

I believe that the Novus was never sold in the USA. It is probably the unit that inspired the original Junior. I have see 1 or 2 on European built boats. If you were looking at Bauer USAs website, you will probably not find a reference. Try Bauer Kompressoren, which is the Munich site and parent company.

The filter cartridge screws into the head of the tower and I believe that there is an allen screw that must be backed out to remove the tower head, puls the fill hose must be removed as well. Been a long time since I laid eyes on one. The filter tower style was common on Poseidon machines.

Craig

Its a shame that cant read the small detail plate
to me it looks as if its a very early junior.
i dont have any info on the filter stack though.
try to find out if the compressor drive pulley is held on with either a circlip or a allen bolt to the crankshaft.
bauer still have parts for both types in stock.
circlip unit has 2 con rods & the final piston is driver with a cam.
allen bolt type has 3 con rods.
i think that cam unit has a lower running speed and output.[this information
will be on the small plate]
i have parts list for both types if it helps you
cam type is know as TV-4/2 Varius date around about 1984

Found another one in CL. Made 1987. Bauer Novus with Honda GX110 engine.

Does anyone know if parts are still available for this compressor and engine?

6037B2A7-2870-4B87-8EAC-E8C4FBB06CE5.jpeg 8D98048E-48D8-4D6C-9F75-0522E541EEF2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom