Bauer N 19091 Lubricant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the N 19091 Lubricant referenced in this Bauer Filter Cartridge replacement video? Google is failing me on this one. The Googles keeps referring me to compressor oil.

Bauer even states "vasoline" as an option in one of their other videos for the filter tower threads and filter cartridge nipple.

For the 0-rings Bauer use a white petroleum jelly known as vaseline (when used as an ointment preparation) available worldwide in most pharmacies. When used in commercial applications its a quality standard in Germany/Europe that is used called DAB 9 Deutscher Arzneimittel-Codex (is the Bauer N19091)

For the threaded parts Bauer use a white food grade lithium soap grease that contains PTFE flakes called WEICON WP300 (is the Bauer N19752)

Both are pretty good and I like vaseline for the rings, Just not sure if these brands are available easy in USA

I personally don’t like using silicone grease for many reasons but if I had to I would suggest Molycote MS4 (or DC4 as it also known) as opposed to Molycote 111 as alternative easy USA option. None of the above are suitable for Nitrox or elevated oxygen concentrations when using standard air compressors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom