Bauer Junior II - air loss through bleed port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_snake

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello divers,

Please can you help? I have just replaced the seals on the condensate valves on the bottom of the P0 chamber and now the compressor seems to be constantly leaking (not sure what else to describe) out of the bleed port situated between the condensate drain valves. The new seals are fitted the correct way round and screwed in tight (not overly tight). There is a filter in the P0 chamber and I am getting pressure up and air delivery out of the whip...just not very quickly...please could you help out as to why this is happening...

I only changed the seals in the condensate valves as they needed to be overly tightened to stop air loss and slow fills...this only started after starting the compressor following the stated process in the manual about letting the compressor build up to operating pressure before filling cylinders...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Andrew.

Attachments

• bleed port.png
    bleed port.png
    68 KB · Views: 207
could just be some particulate on that seat. Unscrew it all the way and clean it off. If it has taken too deep of a seat you'll probably want to replace it

I have checked the seals are clean...for good measure I tried with the old seals and same result...air coming out of the bleed port...

Is it a Bauer filter or a cheap plastic knockoff? I had the same problem. Putting the appropriate filter in fixed it.

The filter is the same one (Lawrence Factor X-Pendable) which I have been using for the last 3 months now...just under 6hrs of use...what is further confounding me is that the whip is maintaining pressure once the compressor is switched off. When switched off the compressor loses air through the bleed valve until it stops and that is it...

Pull the cartridge out and check if there is anything stopping the cartridge from being pushed home into the housing. Also check if the o rings on the cartridge are free of cuts or nicks and the correct duro.

The reason your whip holds pressure is because of the non return valve .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom