BAUER JUNIOR 2 CUTTING OUT - PLEASE HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panstey77

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm new to the world of mechanics and currently i am having problems with a BAUER JUNIOR 2 (1997) air compressor.

It starts (pull cord), it runs (no load) but then cuts out!

Oil is full and clean
Fuel is full and no spluttering like when empty - it just cuts out (like when you manually switch it off whilst running)

It is stored in an air conditioned dive shed overnight and my first thought was that it was cold... after 4 or 5 attempts it usually continues to run properly. But on the subsequent tank, it is hard to get going again. Almost like it hasn't just been running for 15 mins..

When running it works fine - delivering air to the cylinder as it should.

ANY HELP AND ADIVCE IS WELCOME :)

You need to figure out if it is spark or fuel. You need a spark checker, either inductive or inline so when it dies down you can tell if it coasts down with or without spark. If it dies without spark look for a low oil shutdown system or a short in the kill wire to ground. Things like that. If it dies with spark you have a fuel problem. Is there a solenoid at the bottom of the fuel bowl? If that loses power it will shut off fuel and die.

Thanks.

I've cleaned the carburettor and it seems to work fine again now. Perhaps just a fuel problem?

Back
Top Bottom