Bauer DMT-08 / EAN Use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello -
I had a question related to this model compressor. Is this compressor safe to use w/ a NITROX stick to blend nitrox? or has anyone used this model to blend nitrox?

The DMT-08 is a three (3) stage compressor, and in talking with someone who works on compressors, he informs me that this model's 2nd STAGE can get hot in temperature's, and there is risk of the 2nd Stage exploding.

I have not heard that this was a risk, i am trying to inquire of Bauer if this unit is capable of blending EAN safely, but due to the holiday's no one is answering or returning my calls today.

This compressor would be replacing an older model I have, and I would blend EAN between 28-32 % nothing greater.

Shouldn't be any problem at all with those percentages. Adding oxygen will not change much in terms of heat, the difference in thermal conductivity is minimal.
Add a temperature sensor to the ribs of the 2nd stage, as much to the top as possible.
Once the compressor has been running for about 10 minutes, temperature should not exceed 70 degrees Celsius. Keep a note of the temperature / runtime and compare these values when blending EAN32.

And if the 2nd stage explodes, please film it. I've never seen that happening, only a compressor that ran too hot and got stuck.

follow up on this thread, any suggestions to a part number or company I can buy a temp guage ? I notice on the 3rd stage there is a temp guage, but I had to disconnect it, as it was wired wrong, i think the NO vs NC was backwards for the GAS motor, that I removed from this unit. I put a 7.5 HP electric on it, the replacement temp guage is like 200-250.00 and i was like there has to be a less expensive guage out there.

if anyone has any good suggestions for a guage to put on, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom