Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKREAM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody out there know where I can purchase a new Battery for a Halcyon T16 DPV. Halcyon doesn't sell the DPV any longer. I'm up in Ontario Canada and I did hear from Dan's Dive Shop here that the cost would be over a thousand for the standard one.

Isn'it a SUEX ? Why not drop a mail to them, probably you can obtain more info. If you are lucky you could adapt one of the new battery pack to the out of production DPV.

Anybody out there know where I can purchase a new Battery for a Halcyon T16 DPV. Halcyon doesn't sell the DPV any longer. I'm up in Ontario Canada and I did hear from Dan's Dive Shop here that the cost would be over a thousand for the standard one.

it's a Suex, Halcyon sells an upgrade kit to basically make a Suex 37 out of it, but it is over $3k. You can get a company called Rabbit Tool in California to rebuild your existing pack which should be around $500

I understood that Suex took over general production, but was not sure about batteries and service. I'll get in touch with them and see what they say. Thanks for the reply. I'll post whatever response I get.

it's a Suex, Halcyon sells an upgrade kit to basically make a Suex 37 out of it, but it is over $3k. You can get a company called Rabbit Tool in California to rebuild your existing pack which should be around $500
That would be great if I could get a rebuilt on the battery. I am led to believe that the issue on the battery is that there is some sort of motherboard in it-but don't really know about any of that electronic lingo

Just sent them an email-I think the U.S. has the same long weekend as us here un Canada-unless Trump cancelled that too. I'm in process of emailing some material to Suex as well.

Hoping you could have a new pack not too expensive and let we know the (happy) ending.

I'll definitely post the outcome here. I think there may be more divers in a similar situation out there. Diving is already expensive enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom