Question battery pack for seac sz5000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jayknight

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am searching for an additional battery pack for the seac sz5000 light. It is essentially 3 x 18650’s packed together with a usb-c charging circuit. But is has a special connection (two metal rings, see pics). Doesn’t need to be original. Does anyone have any idea where to order this online for a reasonable price?

Attachments

• 5C04B703-A593-484F-9ADA-572C57FC36CB.jpeg
    5C04B703-A593-484F-9ADA-572C57FC36CB.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 9AE1CB2C-2BDE-4480-AB2C-CDC053819A0F.jpeg
    9AE1CB2C-2BDE-4480-AB2C-CDC053819A0F.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 99
Im pretty sure if you take off the shrink wrap you will find standard 18650 batteries that are replaceable. Mine is charging now but I have a picture of it unwrapped. Ill take it apart when charging completes to verify... Okay I did some exploring, You would have to solider new batteries in series to replace them and maintain the integrated charger. Not super hard if you are handy. But if you want a spare I found a replacement. however, not as cheap as the 18650s alone. Found here hope this is helpful.

sz5000 battery.jpg

I know this is an old thread, I got a pretty good deal on this light through amazon warehouse since the battery won't recharge via the built in USB-C port so I am working on figuring something else out but a correct to the message above, the batteries are wired in parallel and not in a series meaning all 3 batteries have their positive terminals hooked to each other and all 3 batteries have their negatives hooked together, in a series it would alternate between positive to negative, negative to positive, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom