Battery meter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Study Joe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got my Lifeline. I plugged it into my USB to charge and the battery meter was at 43%. It charged to about 49% over approximately 30 minutes. I thought it would charge faster from the wall charger, so I unplugged it from my USB and connected it to a wall charger. The battery meter immediately jumped to 98% charged. I did not use the radio in any way. I only unplugged it from the USB and plugged it right into the wall. Will my battery meter be inaccurate forever? Do I have to send it back? Is there a way to correct this problem? I tried resetting it by pressing all three buttons, but the battery meter just changed to 97%.

Joe

This might be because USBs on computers vary on their voltage and amps. I charge mine solely on the wall charger and it does take a while. It may have been almost charged and the USB was just not bringing up the meter on the circuit board due to fluxuations. They last forever after charged if it was me I would finish charging and try it out some to see if the charge holds.
Just my 2 cents hope it helps...

Study Joe, thank you for your post.

The percentage indicated on the Lifeline will not be accurate until it has reached a full charge once. You will know it is fully charged once you see the green light go out. From this point on, the percentage indicated will always be accurate.

Feel free to send us an email at info@nautiluslifeline.com if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,
The Lifeline Team

Thanks for the input. I charged it fully once I got to my liveaboard. I made sure the meter was at 100% and the charge light went out before diving with it. Hopefully it will be good to go forever now.

Back
Top Bottom