Battery for the XTAR D26 Whale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GioPuma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought an XTAR d26 whale and I realized that it doesn't come with a battery.
Any suggestion on a good battery for it?

Thanks a lot!

I just bought an XTAR d26 whale and I realized that it doesn't come with a battery.
Any suggestion on a good battery for it?

Thanks a lot!
Check with @stuartv
Get a quality, name-brand 26650. Don't go cheap, off-brand....you'll just end up getting a decent batter later.
Panasonic is good, if you can find them. KeepPower has advocates. Enerpower, Star, Efest, Tensai
Anything with Fire in the name is best avoided.
Buy a pair; they are cheaper that way, and you can keep one charged for when the other runs out.
You can run the light on an 18650 in a sleeve, which are much cheaper and easier to find good ones.
if you don't need the max runtime, I'd go with the 18650.

Check with @stuartv
Get a quality, name-brand 26650. Don't go cheap, off-brand....you'll just end up getting a decent batter later.
Panasonic is good, if you can find them. KeepPower has advocates. Enerpower, Star, Efest, Tensai
Anything with Fire in the name is best avoided.
Buy a pair; they are cheaper that way, and you can keep one charged for when the other runs out.
You can run the light on an 18650 in a sleeve, which are much cheaper and easier to find good ones.
if you don't need the max runtime, I'd go with the 18650.

Yes, I see it is not that easy to find a brand name battery. I also do not know many brands :D

Yes, I see it is not that easy to find a brand name battery. I also do not know many brands :D

Panasonic and Sanyo are the battery names brands that come to my mind, but there are plenty of other good, reputable, brands, just run a google search. (Vape is probable a good keyword for searching, 'cuz those folks tend to be pretty serious about their batteries too).

Just got the same light for Xmas and want to pick up a second back-up battery. Was thinking here but interested if there are better options?

I am in Puerto Rico and shipping these things over here is very difficult.
I ended up buying an orcatorch battery from my LDS.

As there is shipping restriction for batteries in the package, you can choose any high-quality 18650, or 26650 batteries for the light. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom