Battery charger recommendation for TG-6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaweed Doc

MSDT
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The subject line is the short story. Anybody have a favorite battery charger for a TG-6? (I think it's the same battery as the TG-5 as well.)

Long story: I'm frustrated by having battery chargers fail, usually while in some remote corner of the world. Granted it's only happened twice in the 5 years I've had my TG-6, but it's still annoying.

I've used the "wall-mounted" style and the "3 on the floor" version. (Links to models below.)

In both cases, I think it's the springs that push the electrical contacts up or push the battery on to the contacts that ultimately fail.

Am I doomed to buying two (they're cheap enough) and keeping one always in reserve? I expect batteries to wear out faster than chargers, I guess. Anybody have one that seems to have lasted?

Here's what I've tried:

and

The subject line is the short story. Anybody have a favorite battery charger for a TG-6? (I think it's the same battery as the TG-5 as well.)

Long story: I'm frustrated by having battery chargers fail, usually while in some remote corner of the world. Granted it's only happened twice in the 5 years I've had my TG-6, but it's still annoying.

I've used the "wall-mounted" style and the "3 on the floor" version. (Links to models below.)

In both cases, I think it's the springs that push the electrical contacts up or push the battery on to the contacts that ultimately fail.

Am I doomed to buying two (they're cheap enough) and keeping one always in reserve? I expect batteries to wear out faster than chargers, I guess. Anybody have one that seems to have lasted?

Here's what I've tried:

and

Images aren't showing in your post.

No images in post.

The one I use is this:

Have it a couple years now and so far no problems.

1724867827548.png

No images in post.

The one I use is this:

Have it a couple years now and so far no problems.
I tried one like it, but after awhile the batteries wouldn't stay clipped in because the springs failed.

I went to one that lays flat, with batteries inserting from above, figuring gravity would push the batteries against the spring-loaded pins. But now it's failing too.....

Back
Top Bottom