Battery change problem in Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have just made my first battery change in the Atom 1.0 I bought new last year. Change seemed to go smoothly but display shows all icons (as if connected to computer) and no button pressing I have tried will get into an operating mode. Any suggestions would be welcome, especially since I'm off to Bali next month. TIA.:confused:

Did the shop you buy it from give you the correct battery? there are so many of them that are close to the right size. you probably checked, but just in case.

If anyone else encounters this problem, I have solved it by trial and error. I removed the new battery and left it out of the Atom for 2 hours. When I replaced it this time, everything's working fine. A bit like switching off your PC at the wall, I guess.:)

Our computers with a "hot swap" feature retain calculations if the battery is replaced within 8 seconds - which would be the minimum time to keep the battery out for a "reset".

Dr. Bob - I would recommend that you have it checked out by Oceanic Australia before your trip.

You are not going crazy dr bob. I have had an atom 1.0 since oceanic put them out. I have also had the same problem. You seem to have found the same cure i did. of course it was only by mistake. i found myself so frustrated one day i had to put it down before i took my 28 oz. hammer to it. when i came back to it the next day it worked fine. I have just got into the habit of replacing the battery well in advance of my next dive and downloading my dive history before the swap.
Interestingly enough i also dive with the atom 2.0. It seems to have all the bugs worked out from the first model, including having the tank pressure on the main screen. both are great computers though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom