Basking shark off Welfleet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to admit it is a great video. We had a basking shark come right alongside our boat in Cape Cod bay a few years ago. I don't know why but they are constantly mistaken by public for other sharks. The floppy dorsal find should be a clear give away. Only bad part about the video is I'm a Massachusetts taxpayer and helicopter flights are not cheap.

Have to admit it is a great video. We had a basking shark come right alongside our boat in Cape Cod bay a few years ago. I don't know why but they are constantly mistaken by public for other sharks. The floppy dorsal find should be a clear give away. Only bad part about the video is I'm a Massachusetts taxpayer and helicopter flights are not cheap.

Your Taxachusetts dollars at work. :D As I have residences in two states - Taxachusetts is by far the more expensive one. Car excise, property, whatever....you name it. This all said - they did get some good shark video. I want one when a Basking Shark swims into the Woods Hole Eel Pond. :)

Your Taxachusetts dollars at work

You got that right as I watch the local news I see Amy Ryan (Boston Public Library President) salary of 175K a year plus a 20K a year bonus finally resigns after loosing a 600k piece of art. To keep it a diving thread, I wish I was around when that great white lost his way into wood hole. Would have loved to have seen it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom