Barter Kings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First I would like to thank about 7 different members for helping me and answering all of my crazy PMs. I will not put their names here (they may not want 30 random people pming them asking them questions), but knowing their responses to me they would be happy to help.

So here goes my episode (a very short version)of Barter Kings. I started with 3 separate bundle purchases off a fb, which I pieced out and sold. When everything was said and done (it took about 1.5 months), here is what I ended up with.

Out of pocket money: $0
Gear sitting in my closet: 1.Dive rite travel exp. bp/w setup
2. Shearwater Petrel
3. Fresh rebuilt. mk10/108
4. 3 new suits from menswearhouse (big sale)
5. Plus some cash
All gear I have is used, especially the shearwater.

My point of the post is #1 to show that there is a lot of great used gear out there from people who bought top of the line gear for certification and then quit diving. Why buy new when you can get a great deal on used? I would prefer new but my wallet likes used. #2 There a lots of members on here that are very helpful and happy to answer any questions you have.

Feel free to comment or share your own stories. Also check out sfbctx.com for our church services at 11:00 am central time.

Bartering is a time honored and financially lucrative tradition. Love it! And we do have some wonderful people here on Scubaboard. I'd love to barter some gear for a Teric (Perdix is probably too big for my wrist) ... but I don't see that happening!!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom