Barry Miller and Salvo Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Perhaps this belongs on TDS (I'll post something there, I'm sure) ... but huge kudos to Barry Miller. Last week I dropped my 18W HID light and broke the bulb. A replacement bulb for that light is around $200. Then I found out that for $150 I could get a conversion to the BriteStar 21W system. The bulb is smaller, less expensive, and would most likely not have broken under the same circumstances.

I shipped the light off to Barry in Florida (from Seattle) on Monday. He got it on Wednesday, did the conversion, and got it back on its way to me the same day. When I got home today it was waiting on my doorstep.

I did a preliminary brightness and focus check using my 10W Terkel as a benchmark. It's tough to tell above water how it'll perform below water, but the above-water test was really nice ... I'll get a chance to dive it tomorrow.

Thanks Barry! That was really great service.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

When I go looking for my light, he'll be the man I go see. I've heard a number of raves about his products from various sources. Question for you though. What's the relation (if any) to Salvo Diving. I am thinking of placing an order with Salvo next week for a new Apeks DS4.

Thanks

If you are asking what I think you are, Barry is the owner of Salvo Diving.

That's what I needed to know.. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom