Barracuda and Cantarell 3-21-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prop Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Barracuda had no current today. I mean like none. I've never seen it so calm at that site. They could have had resort courses' go there. Sallye got a bunch of Grande Pez Leon. Vis was not up the spectacular norm due to some runoff from the mangroves. Breakfast buffet at Playa Azul was great. Kim and other non-divers met us up there for the lovely meal they offer.
Saw a few Spotted Eagle Rays at Cantarell reef, but nothing like we've seen in the past. Back to the Villa by noon. Life is fantastic!!!!:banana:

Casualcuda... Couldn't get over the 6 monster lionfish - and how many I got total. If we just could have had someone with Shari, too!
Resort courses... You're a stitch, Joe. :grinbandit:
It was a lovely morning! Breakfast at Playa Azul... Yummmmmmmmm... Even without French toast. I just didn't have the room...

Cantarel was great, even with only the 15 or so eagle rays. The slow drift was like taking a nap in a hammock. I wanted to stay with that huge group of horse-eyed jacks and see if they ever got a rotation going. They looked like it a couple of times. Nice groupers out from the wall, too.

Do it again Saturday? :wink:

Time to come see what's happening bajo la palapa or in the courtyard.
Hasta pronto!

Sounds like it was a very nice day to dive the north end.

Sallye from a couple of dyas ago (photos compliments of Shari);

Me, same dive:

I like hunting as well as photogaphy. Tough call on which to do on a given dive.
Coconut Lionfish at La Perlita tonight (thanks for the appetizer Kixy) and my order of the same was was Mm, Mm, good. I really like that place. Wicked good Margaritas. East side beach crawl with a day off tomorrow. One last day Saturday, then back to reality from my perfect dream world.

I was hoping you would post some pictures to make me really miss Cozumel and the Villa!!!! Sally looks like she continues to be a serial killer! Have fun guys and gals. I'm hoping I can get back down some time this year.

I was hoping you would post some pictures to make me really miss Cozumel and the Villa!!!! Sallye looks like she continues to be a serial killer! Have fun guys and gals. I'm hoping I can get back down some time this year.
Ahhhh.... We will have to work on that! Today we are working on the 'round the island bar hop, so maybe we can make you miss that, too....

I'm home now. Its flurrying, cloudy, windy and cold at 32F...
Cleaning/soaking gear. Just came across my slate. That day we went north, I could not believe how little current there was, and I wrote "NO CURRENT, WOW"!!!. I then handed my slate to Sallye and she wrote "Casual Cuda'". We chuckled, when she saw me read it, as she handed the slate back to me. I had a Great time this last week.
We did go north again Saturday (Thanks Dave!!!) and did Cantarell the 1st dive and I/we hunted at San Juan the 2nd dive for my last dive of the trip. I'll post some more pics as I have time. Thinking happy Casual Cuda' thoughts...

Edit: Added about Saturday's dives, added pic.

Last edited:
Yup, I was eating my bowl of raisin bran for breakfast... Dave sat down said hello, asked me where I wanted to go and made the north run happen (Thanks again Dave).
El Presidente got there Saturday as well as we got the Mexican Navy hello when close to the Villa upon our return in Aldora 1. The Villa is right up the road from his "Camp David". No big deal but we knew he had arrived with added military personnel on land and water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom