Bare wet suits and Rash Guards Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunfire85

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to just say that I love this forum and never imagined that such a wealth of knowledge could be found. This is a great community...

So I am am thinking about purchasing a Bare Plazma shorty wet suit 2mm and thought to ask the community their opinion on Bare wet suits. Can anyone offer me some advice about Bare wet suits? Also, my scuba instructor mentioned I should look into buying some rash guards. This I do not know much about other than the protection they provide but are they worth the money? I've noticed some rash guards are pretty pricey.... Thanks for reading this and any insight is appreciated.

I have a Bare Plazma as well as a few Bare vests, a 5/4 Velocity and an Arctic wetsuit and gloves. Bare provides a value that's hard to beat. The plazma has only seen a few freshwater dives here in Maine but going to Bonaire in a few months. It's obviously a lightweight item but it has nice seals at all of the openings. The Plazma is from the water sports line so I don't know how it will stand up to having gear strapped on but for the price they sell for I don't really care. The neoprene may also be less crush resistant but again if I really want warmth I'm not going to wear a 2mm shorty.

A rash guard will be simply sun skin and scrape protection with no real thermal advantage. I will probably be picking one up for any dives in my trunks.

Your profile isn't of much help, please add some detail. Where are you or where do you intend to dive? These are very mild water items. Be sure to separate the instructor from the salesman.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom