Bare Trilam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody have any experience or info on the Bare Trilam. Scuba Toys has a few left for $699. Would this be a good begginer dry suit for light wreck diving and advanced sport diving. Only about 35 to 40 dives a year.

thanks for any help. Still looking for a good entry level dry suit.

I don't think you can go wrong with Bare. I have the Tech HD and love it. Haven't had it for long though. There are a lot of posts on the board about Bare and VERY few are negative.
As far as light wreck diving, some will say that neo is a better choice. I think it is a personal choice.

I ditched my Bare Trilam HD in favor of a DUI TLS350 after about a dozen dives. Found the Bare trilam material to be heavy and more restrictive than the DUI.

I also didn't care for the built in gaitors, which didn't really work.

RJP:
I ditched my Bare Trilam HD in favor of a DUI TLS350 after about a dozen dives. Found the Bare trilam material to be heavy and more restrictive than the DUI.

I also didn't care for the built in gaitors, which didn't really work.

I do agree that I don't care for the built in gators. For the price, you can't go wrong.

My wife and I have the HD, great suits a bit heavy as was metioned above. Wife doesnt care for the gators but they work great for me, different body shapes different results. I didnt even have to trim the seals. Love the front entry, can seal myself up no problem. If you can fit into one of the stock sizes that scubatoys has left great price, cant beat it for a new suit.

I have thick calves, so the gaiters work great for me. I've never had a leak, the material has held up to some pretty nasty snags in a wreck, and the heavier material reduces the bouyancy of the suit. I have no complaints, it's a tough suit that will last. Mine has about 50 dives on it, no signs of wear and the seals are still slick and fresh.

I have problems with the legs filling up on me , the gators just arnt tight enough on my legs . How much will aftermarket gators help ??

Not as much as not putting as much air in your suit.

Not that's a comment I can sink my teeth into. I've looked at gators when I first got into drysuits and quickly discovered Gators and ankle weights are a crutch. You don't need them.

Okay, those are the Bare Trilam ATR Light for sale at $699, which means no built-in gaiters (meaning most of this thread is irrelevant). From what I've read, the material is somewhat thinner than the other Bare Trilam suits, so toss out that other comment, too.

There, now with that out of the way, let me say that I am quite happy with mine. I bought the ML-Tall one they had left until a month an a half ago, and so far, it's served me quite well, indeed. Came with a really nice drysuit inflation hose, latex wrist seals, neoprene neck seal, plus the requisite little bag o' talc and stick o' wax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom