bare next gen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guardian

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been looking at several dry suit. My LDS can seel me a Bare next gen for $1000 minimum. I have been on leisure pro and they have a a package deal on a 2007 for $924 and a used drysuit that is just called the bare next gen for $400. can anyone give me some advice on what I should do ?

I am not for sure in your situation, but I would ask them for more information on what exactly they mean by the "bare next gen". It could be a really old model that you want to stay away from. I got a floor model of the 2007 era nex-gen from scubatoys for about 450 and so far I have been extremely pleased with the purchase. Just ask for more info and see what you get. If it is a 2007 era model that is slightly used you might go for it as Bare guarantees the seams and workmanship for life no matter if you are the original purchaser or not. I hope this helps.

I have a circa 2006 Bare Next gen and other than the rear entry, love it. I have dove from 43 degree water up and have always stayed warm.

Mike

I purchased a new bare nex gen seven years ago. I replaced the seals two years ago. I like the suit. It is pretty basic, rear entry, but I use it for diving in AK, Michigan, BC and have had absolutely no problems with it. I upgraded to dry gloves with a snap docking ring some time ago and had suspenders put in when I had the seals replaced. Depending on the water temp you dive in, the undergarment that ships with the suit may not be sufficient. I would buy another.

As a general rule, I would not buy a used drysuit or wetsuit for my use, but then I put a lot of dives on the suit.

Check around the web it you are going to buy a nex gen as I have seen prices vary widely. I don't know anything about Leisure Pro. The price your LDS is charging seems in line with other LDS prices I have seen for the suit.

If I buy another suit, it will probably be a next gen.

Back
Top Bottom