Bare Nex-Gen vs. Whites Nexus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pj03

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm just looking to buy a new drysuit and I'm trying to decide between two packages offered for the Bare Nex-Gen and the Whites Nexus. Basically I just want to stay warm and dive monthly in BC for the next 4-5 years. Afterwards I may live somewhere tropical and don't really care if the suit will last decades.

These two suits seem extremely comparable (bi-lam, packages come with boots, bags, hoods, hoses, etc.). The only clue as to which is better is when compared side by side in Scuba Diving, the Whites came out on top.

Anybody with personal experience with one/both?

Cheers,
Paul

I own the Nexus. I think the package - undies, boots (love the boots), bag, socks and suit is one of the best deals around.

However...

I have been through 2 zippers in 13 months (about 175 dives). And I am annal about the care of my zipper. I don't ever fold the suit (I lay it out nice), wax it, clean it...

One day I was at a shop that uses the Nexus as rentals. Every one they had hanging up had at least one bad tooth. Now don't get me wrong - even with the bad teeth I've had, the suit has never leaked. And Nexus replaced the first one free of charge.

So... FWIW, that's my experience.

I'm now waiting for my custom Diving Concepts to arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom