Bare Nex-gen or CD4 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone!

I want to buy a dry-suit,my first one. I've never dived dry before and I' m welling to pay the big price cause I like diving wet during the summer..it would only be good for the beginning and the end of the season or if I go dive in Maine.. Bare Nex-gen as a good price for a shell dry-suit but the CD4 crushed-neopren sounds good too even if it's a little more expensive.

I'd like to know to pros and cons of both and of course your opinion about which one I should choose...

Thanks for your advice!

:lol: I just got my first dry suit off e-bay paid $600.00 for a crushed neo. cf2000 and the undergarment, dove it to 115 feet in less then 50 deg. water, It was great, started getting a little cold shot in some air warm again,so happy, got on the boat every one else in wet suits were shevering me nice warm and dry.
thanks everyone for the adavice I gained.
To pass some along anything above 2mm in crushed neo is quite heavy, 2mm is nice, shell dry suits, are light but you need thicker underware, 2mm crushed neo gives you better warmth.its a 50/50 just depends on what you like, if at all possable try on all three types, in you local dive shop or trade show that will help you decide.
Happy warm diving.

Ditto on the 2mm. I have been diving the Bare XCD2 for several years. My buddy finally switched from a regular 7mm neo dry suit to the XCD2 this year and is ecstatic.

Neil

I would like to try some but here in Montreal Dive shops don't keep them in store...you have to order them!

I guess for the Nex-Gen since it's taking more underwear I'll have to use more weights..

I'm wondering if it's worth paying for XCD2 if I only gonna take it a couple time during the 6-7 months season...$300 difference from the CD4.

Theirs that much a difference between the CD4 and XCD2 ??

Back
Top Bottom