BARE Nex-Gen drysuit, user experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I was considering a BARE Nex-Gen as my first drysuit. I was interested to hear from you that dive with one in how you like it as far keeping you warm and dry and comfortable in different temps and conditions that you regularly dive. Also I wanted to know what you thought of the BARE gloves and hoods, etc. that are offered in some package deals with the Nex-Gen.

THANKS!

You'll find a bunch of info on the nexgen if you use the Search.

:)

You will find it if you search, it is often the topic of great interest generating lots of input.

I had my nex gen for 6 years. It has been used in Alaska, Lake Superior, and down the Inside Passage. No problems or leaks encountered. Across the shoulder zip is ok, I get by with a little help from my friends. A great suit for the price. I just had the factory replace the seals. I would recommend getting it with suspenders and ring attachable dry gloves, but that is just my preference.

There are better, more expensive suits. This is a topic that usually set the DUI Dogs to howling so I won't say anymore.

A tough entry level suit that is great value for the money. Mine came with the T100 underwear that is not really warm enough for diving in The Great Lakes but if layered works OK.

Back
Top Bottom