Bare drysuit trickle....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LobstaMan

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have about 6 dives in my new dry suit(Bare ATR HD Trilam) w/ latex neck/wrist seals and I'm getting a very small trickle or leak. Feels like it's coming in on the back of my neck and by the end of the dive/s the water has settled in the crotch area. Not enough to get you cold and wet, but damp enough to annoy. The neck seal feels good(not too tight or loose) and there's no holes or anything. I'm wondering if it's me moving my neck around too much, not wearing the neck seal properly or the hood is messing w/ the seal.

Any suggestions or advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

LobstaMan

I always say that I'd sweat in the shower, but, yeah, I'm sure it's not sweat.

LobstaMan

Even the best of neck seals can get a trickle if you turn your head enough. But if it happens on every dive, something is not right.

Try sliding the seal down nice and low on the neck. This helps for me.

LobstaMan:
Have about 6 dives in my new dry suit(Bare ATR HD Trilam) w/ latex neck/wrist seals and I'm getting a very small trickle or leak. Feels like it's coming in on the back of my neck and by the end of the dive/s the water has settled in the crotch area. Not enough to get you cold and wet, but damp enough to annoy. The neck seal feels good(not too tight or loose) and there's no holes or anything. I'm wondering if it's me moving my neck around too much, not wearing the neck seal properly or the hood is messing w/ the seal.

Any suggestions or advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

LobstaMan

My drysuit is dry, but I have heard many folks refer to them as dry-er suits...

I would go with what Rick says and try adjusting the neck seal. I have latex wrist seals and a neoprene neck seal, so I am not sure about what to do with your neck seal.

When I first started diving my dry suit, I was over-weighted, and had too much air in the suit to compensate (per PADI using the suit for buoyancy...argh...). This extra air was causing water to leak in. I dropped a few pounds and have been dry since (except for sweat). Just a thought.

About 90% of the time I have a customer complain about a leak in the back of the neck it is due to the suit being to small in the torso area. The best way to tell is to put the suit on, squat down and bend forward. If the neck seal is pulling away from the neck, the suit is too small and the torso needs to be adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom