Bare CT-200 Underwear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

Anyone wear Bare's CT-200 Polarwear Extreme underwear? I'm particularly curious as to the thickness/bulkiness of the jumpsuit. I dive a moderately snug fitting CF200, so I like my underwear to be snug fitting as well--not too bulky/lofty and with a little stretch.

Thanks,

Mahjong

I use this underwear with my shell suit. Not sure how it would work with a snug fitting suit. My biggest complaint is that it could use more shoulder room or stretch in the shoulder area. I don't consider it particularly snug fitting. Hope this helps.

Mike

I hear that it's very restrictive. You may want to look at the Diving Concepts TPS Thinsulate Extreme or Stretch Thinsulate Extreme. You will get a much greater range of motion out of these. Both have Stretch Thinsulate on the arms, so they can be snug but still give you an impressive range of motion. Fantastic undies.

Long story short - I used to own Bare CT200. It sucked donkey balls. I bought some Diving Concepts Stretch Thinsulate - it's beautiful stuff.

If you want specifics, PM me. Let's just leave it at not warm, not movement friendly and the outer cover tends to 'catch' the inside material of the suit. The Diving Concepts stuff was not only warmer, it fits better and it 'slides around' inside the suit.

I ended up giving away my Bare undies. I couldn't even have the heart to e-bay them.

The new Bare undergarments that they are making for 05 are a lot strechier and better that the older suits. There are strecth panels at the shoulders and in the small of the back. In additon the outside material slides a lot more easily into a drysuit. Just make sure what your looking at is the newer stuff.

Paul

Are you talking about a Hi-loft one? I was told that it is equivalent to DUI 400g thinsulate though.

pgdive:
The new Bare undergarments that they are making for 05 are a lot strechier and better that the older suits. There are strecth panels at the shoulders and in the small of the back. In additon the outside material slides a lot more easily into a drysuit. Just make sure what your looking at is the newer stuff.

Paul

Thanks all. Bare seems to agree with your assessments of their earlier CT200--the new stuff would seem to be an improvement.

I checked out the Diving Concepts Web site and found their Thinsulate (Extreme), but didn't see "stretch" Thinsulate, but I take the stuff is not restrictive.

I think I might begin a poll to determine what underwear people have found to be thinnest (least bulk), warmest, and stretchiest--for waters between 40-65 degrees.

Thanks again.

Mahjong

mahjong.. that's so easy. The Diving Concepts TPS Stretch Thinsulate Extreme.

Seeing is believing...

If cut properly, the Diving Concepts TPS Thinsulate Extreme have as much range of motion and are warmer than the stretch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom