Bare Arctic / Scubapro Everflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of getting a 7ml wet suit. Wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences with Scubapro Everflex or the Bare Arctic SGS: durability, ease of doning, doffing, etc. thanks. I have a Henderson 5ML Hyperstretch and I'm not impressed with it. After 20 dives, it is "pilled" and is starting to look worn.

Mike C:
Thinking of getting a 7ml wet suit. Wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences with Scubapro Everflex or the Bare Arctic SGS: durability, ease of doning, doffing, etc. thanks. I have a Henderson 5ML Hyperstretch and I'm not impressed with it. After 20 dives, it is "pilled" and is starting to look worn.

I have a new Bare Arcic (not SGS) and it dons and doffs very well. It has a nice close fit, enough so that I have the stitching impressions on my arms and legs when I remove it though the compression is slight. The hardest part of donning is punching through the forearm seals, those rubber rings grab the skin, a shot odf suit snot makes it easy. So far it's only been skin diving. My wife's having a hard time getting her custom suit right so our checkout dives are in a holding pattern. The key is to step in and get the knees right and then it just rolls into place.

I would have gone for the SGS suit but since this suit is a stepping stone to going dry I went with the lesser cost. The SGS skin interior should make it cling and minimize water movement very well. I also got the matching hooded step-in vest and together they make a great set.

I have a 5/3 Bare hooded vest with the skin interior and the skin surface really helps a lot. I wear that with a Bare 5/4 velocity and we've been skindiving for nearly 2 hours in the low 50s F and been fine. I have about 75 hours in the water on this suit and the only sign of war is a lightening of the black between the thighs from kicking.

Bare does a very good job with the arm and leg seals and with the bellows on the ankle zips. It's not uncommon to get a few loose stitching ends on a BARE suit so watch for that. Just tie them off and/or cement them with a drop of SeamGrip or other product. It's not a big beal and looking at the price/feature equation it's a minor inconvenience.

Pete

The Arctic is a great semi-dry. The only problem with a semi-dry is you do not want to pee in it. The marino wool lining keeps me warm and comfortable. I highly recommend it.

Bare Bare Bare. I have an older model of the supra-arctic with about 20dives on it I;m willing to let go cheap, pm me if interested, Size ML :D

only reason I don;t dive it anymore as I went to a dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom