Bare 3mm Velocity Ultra vs 3mm Reactive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgm73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I emailed Bare sales support 3 days ago with not response. I guess they don't won't my money. Simple questions I dive temperament waters 70-75 feh. I spearfish 95% of the time. Dexterity and ease of don on and off are main factors in buying decision. I dive a mares 3-2-2 flexa that I had to buy from Lithuania because mares crazy regulations. It's not the same flexa you see on the web now so don't even bother going there. The flexa served me well. That being said the mares flexa is about wore slam out. I a trying to figure out which of these 2 bares wetsuits would work best for me. One $340 the other $539 I will get either one I just don't want to piss my money away if not needed. Again I emailed support with no response so any help would be appreciated. thanks

I have the 3mm Velocity Ultra and the 7mm Reactive. The quality seems the same. I can wear the 3mm comfortably to about 65F but no lower.

The Velocity Ultra is easy to on/off for me.

I have the 3mm Velocity Ultra and the 7mm Reactive. The quality seems the same. I can wear the 3mm comfortably to about 65F but no lower.

The Velocity Ultra is easy to on/off for me.
thank you for your time and response.

• Just bought into the hype and bought the Reactive 3mm. Haven't used it yet, but is pretty comfortable. Much better than the 20+ year old wet suit that was donated while I was in the Solomon Islands:) Regardless, it's a nice wetsuit. Can't compare with Velocity.

I also have a 7mm Bare Reactive and 3mm Bare Velocity Ultra. I think the quality is the same. The Velocity is easier to move in and don/doff but I suspect that's due to it being thinner.

I've only had the 3mm Velocity down to 78F and it was plenty warm. I don't think it's worth the extra money for the Reactive so I'd go with the Velocity given what you're planning on using it for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom