barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
i just found an unbelievable deal to barbados. but i am sceptical. has anyone stayed at the Coconut Court Beach Resort? is it nice? also, how is the weather in the end of march? its not like hurricane season is it? the diving seems to be ok, i like the really big pelagics and barbados doesnt seem to offer that but this deal is so good that i cant turn it away.

The Stav is definately great....although I was told that it's a Russian frieghter. I used to visit Barbados once a week and generally dove with West Side SCUBA. Small boat, great staff...everything was well done.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Peace,
Cathie

Hey there, just got back from Barbados and the diving wasn't too bad. I was on the south coast and all the diving is on the west. the Island is so small that this was inconsequential. I dove with Hightide based at the Coral Reef Resort. It is very close to Holetown. The reefs are very nice, although all smaller marinelife. No sharks. There are sea turtles, eagle rays, lobster and other typical tropical marine life.

Hightide was reccomended to me from others. I dove with a few other people that have been divning in Barbados for 10-20 yrs. Their opinion was that Hightide couldn't be beat. The boat carries up to twelve divers, but it is usually limited to 6-8. Always a divemaster in the water with you. Lisa and Joseph were excellent.

One of the other shops the boat driver has a history of leaving the divers in the water and taking off back to shore for breakfast :wacko: . No foolin......

The Stav, Carlisle Bay, Tropicana Reef, Dottin's Reef X 2, & Victor Reef. All great dives, although I still prefer our fresh water wrecks up here.........Great dives, the reefs were loaded with various corals......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom