Barbados Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of trying Barbados for a Spring vacation. Is there any shallow reef/wreck diving there? Recommendations? Thanks.

Do they still brew Banks beer in Barbados

Do they still brew Banks beer in Barbados
They certainly sell it everywhere. I think it's still brewed on the island.

Thanks and sorry to derail the post. We had our honeymoon in Barbados many moons ago and among other things we remember the banks beer. We dove two days and enjoyed the diving but can't help with the question asked.

Thinking of trying Barbados for a Spring vacation. Is there any shallow reef/wreck diving there? Recommendations? Thanks.
There's quite a few shallow wrecks. The most famous is the Stavronikita, about 350' long sitting in about 140' at the prop. It's perfectly reasonable to dive above 100'. I dove it on Friday with a max depth of 95'. It's collapsed a fair amount over the last 5 years, and there are less swim throughs than previously. My favourite of the less famous wrecks is the Pamir, on the northwest coast. I think that is about 50' at the deck.

There are many shallow reefs, generally the ones a bit deeper (50-80') are nicer. If you search you can find a recent thread about dive operations.

my go to dive op there is Barbados Blue. They dive the (shallow) Carlisle Bay park. Fun and easy dive.
The Stavronikita is also great dive. something for everyone.

Yes, I can second the recommendation for Barbados Blue. It's a bit touristy/crowded, but Carlyle bay is amazing for critters. The guides are excellent at finding things and their pace is quite reasonable (as a photographer I always want more time). None of the operations on the island I dove with seem super well prepared for photographers, and a fair amount of prodding is needed to get a separate rinse bucket for cameras. On the so-called platinum coast, I have had good experiences with Hightide Watersports, located at the Coral Reef club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom