Barbados shore dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperbagprincess

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I've tried searching for threads but they all seem pretty old.
Is it possible to do shore dives in Barbados? What shop actually rents tanks? We intend on doing some boat dives too but would like to do some diving on our own if we can.
I don't expect it to be as amazing as Bonaire but my mother in law has a condo in Barbados so it would be a cheap trip to get some post Covid dives in.
Would there be a big difference in vis etc if we went in October or January? Those months are our only options.
Thanks!

I'm spending my last day in Barbados today and struck out on shore diving. I called 3 dive shops and they all said something to the effect of "no one in Barbados will rent you equipment". I asked for just a tank, same answer. Actually got laughed at by a few. So forget shore diving in Barbados unless you have your own gear including tank and weights, unless you've got an "in" with someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom