Barbados next week, where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rings890

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife & I leave for Bridgetown on the 31st. I have never been there before and would like some advice on dive operations. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with any particular operation on the island? Also does anyone know about nitrox availability?

Rings890:
My wife & I leave for Bridgetown on the 31st. I have never been there before and would like some advice on dive operations. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with any particular operation on the island? Also does anyone know about nitrox availability?

I leave for Barbados on the 29th....If you are staying on the south coast, I suggest diving with Ram on the "Scotch n' Soda." The S n' S is on a mooring directly in front of the Sandy Beach Island Resort and Ram can be contacted through the Crystal Waters directly beside the Sandy Beach. Fun diving. No nitrox.

If you go this route, I'll see you on the boat!

jbm

If you want a small operation that is really personal....call John Moore of Dive Barbados....246-422-3133.

John will let you get the most out of your dives and when he fills a tank....he FILLS a tank compared to most I have dived with there.

We are going to be in St. Michael's on the West coast so we will see what happends.
Thanks for all the tips Rich & jbm.
I think regardless we are going to have a blast, I am for sure checking out the fish fry and doing at least one of the tours through the rum distilary :07:

A great dive is the PAMIR.....it is a wreck at about 60ft so you have some decent bottom time.

Ive done both the rum tours and they have both changed significantly. The Malibu tour no longer takes you into the tank area where you can see the mixture mixing. A shame...it was the best part of the tour.

Definitely check out the fish fry.....thats Oistins. We were in Barbados a couple months ago and Friday night seemed to be the best night.

You might consider doing the Roots And Rythym Review as well. While a little pricey....it is one of the most fun things to do. They have a show, supper and a band comes out at the end and you can dance. Had a ball.

Really consider renting a car (Leisure car rentals best deal) and driving around the island. Little Bay (not on the map) is next to Cove Bay.....and LB is the neatest bay there.

Oh yea.....do a catamaran tour. You spend half a day on a a cat going to three snorkel sites and they have lunch and all the rum you can handle....tons of fun.

Sure wish I could go with ya !!

Rings890:

We are heading down the 3rd of December and diving with Roger's Scuba Shack, located out of Bridgetown. We are staying at the Amaryllis, just south of Bridgetown. You will have to definetly post a trip report when you get back so that the rest of us Barbados "neophytes" have an idea what to do when we get there. Yes, you are our guinea pig!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom