Who would you dive with in Barbados?

• Roger's Scuba Shack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hightide Watersports

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duck Outta Water

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello and greetings! My first post, so be gentle.

My family and I, (two divers and two non-divers) are going on vacation in Barbados in June, and I'm looking for recommendations or suggestions for a dive operator. I've tried places like TripAdvisor in the past, and all you really find there are gushy, sugar-coated, "I did my certification dives with them, and they're the BEST!" That really doesn't tell me much about the operations.

So, I found this community. I'm hoping someone has some experience with dive operators in Barbados and can give me some honest, insightful information.

Right now I am considering either Roger's Scuba Shack or Hightide Watersports. I am open to other suggestions as well.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!
Duck

Hi Duck,
I highly recommend David at Seahorse Divers! He is amazing!!! My husband and I spent two weeks with him last year and he went above and beyond. For the first week we had friends and their 2 children (who also dive) with us and our second week, my parents and daughter joined us. Even though his boat will hold up to 8 divers, he completely closed his books the entire 2 weeks we were there and didn’t book any other divers the days we were diving. There was one day it was just my husband and myself, and another day it was just my dad and me! Our dives were all over 60 min and I never felt rushed. David picked us up every morning and dropped us off after diving. We left our gear with him and it was all on the boat ready to go every morning. I have no experience with the other two dive operations you were looking at, so I can’t comment on either of them, but I would go back to Barbados in a heartbeat to dive with David! If you have any questions, please ask...I know how much thought and research goes into picking the right dive company!

Hi Duck,
I highly recommend David at Seahorse Divers! He is amazing!!! My husband and I spent two weeks with him last year and he went above and beyond. For the first week we had friends and their 2 children (who also dive) with us and our second week, my parents and daughter joined us. Even though his boat will hold up to 8 divers, he completely closed his books the entire 2 weeks we were there and didn’t book any other divers the days we were diving. There was one day it was just my husband and myself, and another day it was just my dad and me! Our dives were all over 60 min and I never felt rushed. David picked us up every morning and dropped us off after diving. We left our gear with him and it was all on the boat ready to go every morning. I have no experience with the other two dive operations you were looking at, so I can’t comment on either of them, but I would go back to Barbados in a heartbeat to dive with David! If you have any questions, please ask...I know how much thought and research goes into picking the right dive company!

Thank you very much for the information. I will look into them as well, but would ideally like to work with an operation that's closer to our resort.

Again, thank you!
Duck

I've made numerous trips to Barbados. And i'm a very active dive instructor. I totally go with Barbados Blue there. Owner Andre and his team are awesome and have gone above and beyond to help me out there. Check them out http://www.divebarbadosblue.com/

Have only been there twice for 1 day on a cruise ship about 7 years apart. Dove with Andrew at Eco Divers both times. We're not deep wreck divers and Andrew took us to the shallow Carlisle Bay where there are at least 3 wrecks close enough to do them all on one dive. Then we always do an awesome shallow reef dive.
Some of the other shops only offered 45 min or less dives, check that out with your dive shop.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I was hoping to find out more about the two dive operations I mentioned, but there are so many more to choose from. This is becoming a difficult decision.

I originally selected Roger's and Hightide based on transportation availability and proximity to our resort. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with them? I'd like an unbiased opinion on their operations.

After reading these responses, I'm thinking Barbados Blue would be a viable option as well.

Again, all great info, and a lot to consider.

Decisions, decisions......

Thanks,
Duck

Have been diving with Barbados Blue for more than 10 years. They have always treated me well and tried to accommodate my wishes for dive sites. Friendly and professional. Tried a couple of others years ago but I am very happy with the people at Barbados Blue

Thank you everyone. Barbados Blue does seem interesting, but I don't see anything on their website that says they offer transportation to and from the dive shop. Do they? I've noticed several others that include complimentary shuttle services.

Thanks,
Duck

Just returned from a cruise with MSC . Did not go diving this time but took a taxi to the other side
of the island . We were in search of surfing and found it . It was a nice trip and food on the way back
at surfer's bar was great . Enjoy your diving in Barbados !
Sea Dwellers

I have used Hightide several times because they are the only place on the island that can provide nitrox. They have picked me up from ridiculously far from their operation. Nice group and service is excellent. Actual diving is fairly basic typical Barbados pontoon boat. I would recommend them but have to caution that I haven't found anyone in Barbados that compares to good operators at other Caribbean locations. Given that Barbados isn't a major diving location and really isn't worth travelling to just for the dives that is understandable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom