Bar Ditch Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron203

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know I'm fairly quiet on here, but driving to work this morning I thought of a new scuba sport. Bar Ditch Diving.

The bar ditches out in Parker County had at least 4 ft of water, with greater visibility than most area lakes. This could become an annual event similiar to the polar bear club. There is cave diving available (the pipes underneath driveways), treasure hunting (beer cans, small pets, etc), and drift diving available.

I'm looking for interested investors. PM me and I'll tell you where you can send your check! :D

Sounds like a winner....a new extreme sport for diving awaiting us in Parker County, Peach capital of north Texas!!! Along with our Paris Tunnel Diving this could give the new Jerry Jones Stadium a run for its money. :eyebrow:

And don't forget the certs for barbed wire fence diving, navigating mesquite trees diving, water snake identification (this applies only to the surface...once you get underwater you won't be able to see, and it's risky to identifiy some of them by touch), and, of course, stranded cow rescue certification.

I'm pretty sure all bar ditches lead, at some point, into the Paris tunnels. So we should be good to go there!

What's this about tunnels in Paris? Do tell!

Nay-sayers! :mooner:

It could be similiar to a Flower Gardens trip. Plan ahead, and hope mother nature doesn't screw you! :D

We could bill it as a "once in a lifetime opportunity" in which you should be ready to drop everything and head to the bar ditches.

Clearly, I have too much time on my hands on a rainy day.......

I'm in!

Drift diving in the ditches sounds like fun!
Water snake id doesn't though, I don't have to have that cert to bar ditch drift dive do I??

I'm bored too.......

Rhonda

Drift diving in the ditches sounds like fun!
Water snake id doesn't though, I don't have to have that cert to bar ditch drift dive do I??

Only if you want to receive your Bar Ditch Master Diver card :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom