Bang Stick wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have a solution for mounting and quick deployment of a personal protection device on a Riffe speargun?

I have a couple of people that have purchased a standard power head and mounted it on a spare spear shaft that is mounted on the side of the gun body with a couple of stainless steel shaft clips. the clips I just tossed in with the power heads since they were made for the Seabear and would require some customizing to get them to hold onto the wood gun.

That old crazy Russian made a fantastic bang stick ... I sold LOTS of them. I don't know what happened to him but I made a deposit of a few hundred bucks for materials for a bunch more of the .357 MAX about the time he fell off the face of the earth.

It is a real shame. He did fantastic work on all his stuff ... speargun laser, reel, pole spear, etc. Now all you can find are power heads at about the same cost as his bang stick.

If you do find him, tell him Ol Ray would really like to talk with him again! Good hunting!

div%3E

The Dive Shop I use would love to buy more of them too!

"FLorida fishing weekly had an item on a shark feeding where a lawyer was eaten by a shark."

You would think the shark would show some professional courtesy.

Were are you goin to be using it, Baltimore? They are illegal to have in FLorida

You need to check the local wild life regs, Florida FWC Florida IWldelife Commision.

You cannot even posess a spear or spear gun in fresh water as it is illegal to spearfish in fresh water.

they are very strick with a zero tollerance. For example ,.. if they catch you with a out of season fish, wrong size etc on your boat , they will porsecute. terrorists, .. tourists want to boat tarpon , big reds , grouper for photos, this is dangerous for the fish as their bodies cannot handle the weight of being removed from the water and put back in. It is illegal to have these fish, harvest, so there is no reason to boat them.

You won't get away from it. There are rewards for reporting violators, eve n boaters drinking.

Spring break is going on down here. I was boating yesterday with a bunch of tourists almost running into me in my boat, then keeping everythng they catch no matter what size. I have a radio and use it to call in for the calvery.

I live here and want to protect our resources from the millions that come down once to rape our area.
FLorida fishing weekly had an item on a shark feeding where a lawyer was eaten by a shark.

We have a lot of suveniors down here with sharks saying send more tourists. Hell we can't even get the dive charters to let us take spear guns when tourists are on board.

I don't think the bang stick would prevent the shark from eating any tourists, actually when attacked they never see it coming, alone get a chance to use such a thing.

They should allow the tourists to carry the bang stick,.. I am sure they would manage to kill a few tourists with it.
My last

OK, your State derives most of its monies from Tourism,,,do you enjoy not having a state income tax? Thank the tourists.
As for Diving, your state is not one of my favorites to dive.

Back
Top Bottom