For Sale Bands Bands Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I wanted to make my own so I made a bunch. This is gen 1, I will be making Gen 2 after these last ones clear out. Only real difference will be the width, current is 2" and I will be increasing to 2.5" since some people who bought them said GUE calls for 2.5". I sold out of 7" and 8" but they will be produced on the next order.

All bands are 8.5" centers.
All come with hardware and wing nuts/washers.

Made in USA with US material.
CNC Punched and Bent

7.25" 6 sets 5 sets
5.25" 2 sets 1 Set
5.5" 2 sets

Any Size, $80 plus shipping.
20210401_235908.jpg
20210226_235233.jpg
20210311_232139.jpg
20211125_234450.jpg

Attachments

• 20210309_205925.jpg
    20210309_205925.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 57
Looks like really nice work.

Nice work. Why do the little doubles have 3 bolts thru them @Cio?

Nice work. Why do the little doubles have 3 bolts thru them @Cio?
The span of the flat section for the smaller tanks either limits how much clamping force you can get or you just bend the flat part more than I'd like to see. (The distortion here can affect center to center distance and consequently allow the tanks to come out of parallel. This is probably too detail oriented for the tolerances associated, but that's how I roll)

To fix this, I just added clamping bolts close to the tanks. The stud doesn't do any clamping and the clamping bolts can provide firm force without bending the center section.

It seems he is using two to lock the tanks in the bands, with the third being the plate stud.. darn solid...

The span of the flat section for the smaller tanks either limits how much clamping force you can get or you just bend the flat part more than I'd like to see. (The distortion here can affect center to center distance and consequently allow the tanks to come out of parallel. This is probably too detail oriented for the tolerances associated, but that's how I roll)

To fix this, I just added clamping bolts close to the tanks. The stud doesn't do any clamping and the clamping bolts can provide firm force without bending the center section.
Love how you think. Well done.
It seems he is using two to lock the tanks in the bands, with the third being the plate stud.. darn solid...
It sure is.

Yup, outer bolts and center stud, bolt together the open ends of the strap, which is made from one piece to eliminate welding.

20211127_134810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom