Bandos Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrgreen

Registered
Reaction score
Im off to Maldives,Bandos island.Anyone been?Whats the diving like ?Going in April.
thanks,
colin

We were there a couple of years ago. Bandos is a spectacular island/resort. We didn't dive with them as we transferred to the Manthiri for that part of our trip. Don't panic when they take your passport and return-ticket from you at the airport...you'll get them back. Same for any alcohol you might have packed! Recreational beverages are available on Bandos.

mrgreen:
Im off to Maldives,Bandos island.Anyone been?Whats the diving like ?Going in April.
thanks,
colin

i was supposed to be going there
but they closed it for referbishment, as far as i know it's going to be closed until mid december, i have heard that it's not the best island for diving, not that it's not good, just there are others better
if you are wanting a peaceful trip then perhaps bandos is not for you
i gather that there are 300 rooms there 3 or 4 resturants and all the facilities
if i had have gone there i would not have had as good a time, as i did on helengeli
there are only 50 rooms, it was a very quiet and peicefuly place, and most importantly very very friendly, the diving was fantastic the dive people were very very profesional
i will most definately be going back there, although they will be spoiling the island by building 35 water bungalows, ending up with 85 rooms, IMHO the island is not big enough

bandos

helengeli

mrgreen:
thanks,
colin

Bandos is very good. The home reef is better than most in North Male and I think there is a small wreck there as well.

The dive set up is excellent, you can dive 24hrs if you so desire. The staff were very good but of course they turn over.

Personally prefer Ari Atoll diving but apparently depends on the season. Bandos had good facilities, I think these have been upgraded (previously only suites had tvs). One of the best islands in the Maldives for kids - great playground - if that matters. Lots of honeymooners as anywhere in Maldives but if you are after secluded luxury/romance as well probably not the best choice (try Soneva Fushi for example).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom