Trip Report Banda Sea cruise ("Ring of Fire")

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How was the LOB in general?

The dive boat was operated by Wallacea Dive Cruises, based out of Italy. Very well organized company.

The crew was the best I have ever had on a LOB. They seemed to have their heart in the game. Fantastic.

The boat itself was just fine. Unfortunately a sewage valve went bad and there was no one who could fix it on the cruise. A couple of staterooms were unusable for the cruise due to sewage backup and overflow. Those guests ended up sleeping on couches on the deck for the duration of the cruise.

The dive boat was operated by Wallacea Dive Cruises, based out of Italy.
Italy? I would assume Indonesian-French as I think MV Ambai and Wallacea dive operation is owned by Jerome Doucet.
Jerome is a french Indonesian citizen, established 30 years ago in Central Sulawesi : he and Gilles from Alor are considered the most expert divers in this Sulawesi region. (Jerome is also the owner of Tompotika resort as well)

Italy? I would assume Indonesian-French as I think MV Ambai and Wallacea dive operation is owned by Jerome Doucet.
Jerome is a french Indonesian citizen, established 30 years ago in Central Sulawesi : he and Gilles from Alor are considered the most expert divers in this Sulawesi region. (Jerome is also the owner of Tompotika resort as well)

All I can say is that the Wallacea administrative staff who handled all of the reservations, fees, and payments were Italian, spoke Italian, and were based in Italy.

Great video, you seemed to get some supa special dives in! Music was supper groovy.

Thanks
We spent time in Singapore on the way to Indonesia, and again on the way back home.
I loved the hawker markets

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom