Bananarama Trip In-Progress Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl_F

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here at Banarama for a couple weeks. Trying a different room this time. Flight over from Atlanta was late leaving Atlanta due to rain and an in-flight medical emergency in the row behind us kept my wife (nurse) busy. But all in all no harm done and we made it ok.

The staff has changed since we were last here in September. Jessica was let go. Sofia and Mal from the dive shop have left. Security staff have changed (a more professional staff with some big guys vs a lone older guy with a six shooter.) Service from bar staff and dive staff has not changed. (Excellent as always!)

My wife and I were sorry to see some of our expected regular staff gone but the staff in place is good and friendly.

Our room had no hot water but after a couple tries with the maintenance folks and the manager we figured out how it worked (demand flow system that required the sink hot water to be running.) But then the gas ran out so no hot water again; wife was a bit peeved but I'm taking it in stride.

Diving is great! I've been diving with Martin and we've found an eagle ray that wanted to play (swum around the group for a while ... early dive so I didn't have my camera. :depressed:)Two morays this morning as well as a scrawled file fish and several barracuda. And some macro stuff I need to look up. Vis has been great as usual.

More later!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: Doc
early dive so I didn't have my camera. :depressed:)

Great info but I am confused about this early dive no camera thing. Just about forever I have done early and late dives and pretty muc always have a camera, this even goes back to my Nikonos days when I had to deal with film and a single non zoom lens , Sure I flooded a few but always had a newroll of 36 exposure on for every dive, Now with batteries what they are and memory cards what they are I can eiher ave it all set to go night before or not even open the housing up for a couple days and just charge strobes. , What type of camera do you use that does not work well on early dives?

....this even goes back to my Nikonos days when I had to deal with film and a single non zoom lens , Sure I flooded a few but always had a newroll of 36 exposure on for every dive...

He played with dinosaurs.

Great report, keep them coming. BTW- camera tip... turn your camera 90° to right. Or maybe some teenager can show you how to rotate your nice picture! And... more pix please!

!

No, The Dinosaurs thought I was mean and would not play with me unless I hung a brontosaurus bone around my neck

BTW- camera tip... turn your camera 90° to right. Or maybe some teenager can show you how to rotate your nice picture! !
Dang, And here I was telling everyone I knew how trees in West Bay grew sideways , Never being there myself I was sure this was an accurate depiction

Great report, keep them coming. BTW- camera tip... turn your camera 90° to right. Or maybe some teenager can show you how to rotate your nice picture! And... more pix please!

Took the picture with my iPad. For whatever reason, the pic got rotated after upload.

"early dive" no camera ... the first couple of dives on a trip I leave my camera in the room. Since I rarely dive at home, I need to ensure my skills are where they need to be before taking along the distraction of the camera. Sorry for the confusion.

Forgot to mention ... the West End road has been expanded north and south compared to when it was first opened last September. It looks great and many shops have added concrete or other paving between their doors and the road. Great improvement!

---------- Post added May 11th, 2013 at 01:02 AM ----------

Eagle Ray, queen trigger and squid highlighted today's diving. Went night snorkeling near the iron shore on West Bay Beach. Saw a slipper lobster and a porcupine fish. Lots of sea cucumbers. Not many lobsters. Oh and night dive last Wednesday had a multitude of String of Pearls but not much else (no lobsters, octopus or basket stars.) pictures to be posted when I get home ... forgot the iPad SD card reader.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom