Ball adapter for a YS mount options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerbee

Contributor
Reaction score
Baton Rouge, LA / Puerto Galera, Philippines
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’ve been looking for a ball mount to YS adapter, but only found one hit on the internet... I tried aliexpress, eBay, adorama, b and h, etc, and nobody but a place in England seems to have these.. which I have a hard time believing. They want over 50 bucks including shipping. Could anyone recommend other places I might have luck? Attached is a photo of what exactly I need... thanks in advance.

A1A4C67C-CA97-4CE7-9B15-66D1405814B8.jpeg

Apples and oranges... the ones you linked to (I saw those in my searching) aren’t the same as what I need. Note that the ones on Aliexpress (and virtually everywhere else) have on the non-ball end one rod designed to fit INSIDE of two rods (shaped similar to an “I”)... the one I need has two rods that fit OVER one rod and lock into place (shaped sort of like a “U”). Thanks for taking a look, though!

Ah... what's the use case for that? It's definitely not common - the two-prong end is typically found on lights and strobes, and the single-prong adapter serves to link it to a ball clamp. Do you have an arm or something like a cold shoe adapter that terminates with the single prong and want to convert that into a ball?

I picked up a digital ttl strobe, bracket, and one of those adapters on eBay for $90 -- so rather than spend more money on a "proper" tray, I was thinking I'd just get another adapter so I could add arm extensions... I also got a hot (cold?) shoe adapter that would require the same mount... so I guess I need two of them. At this rate it might be cheaper just to get a new tray after all.

IMG_7632.JPG

That's it! And so much cheaper than the one I found - you're a god amongst men, tursiops!
Ha! Thanks, but my librarian wife taught me how to do Google searches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom