Bali Scuba diving website info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent site, Nicola! We were in Bali last July and dove both in Sunar (Toyapakeh and Blue Corner) and in Menganjan. No Mola Molas anywhere, but I knew our timing was wrong. But it was so incredible! And you are right about staying in Lovina. I tell everyone going to Bali to go up north. It is an entirely different world! We did most of our shopping up north because the venders were friendly...but not super pushy (I HATE pushy people!) Going north is the only way to get a real taste and appriciation for Bali. Although, I will admit I spent most of the drive up north with my eyes closed! (anyone who can drive in Bali..and SURVIVE...definitely has my admiration!!!)

My question is...how do I get a job there???? :)

Work in Bali?
Forget it!

At the moment the working situation is pretty bad and if you're lucky enough to get some work, is underpaid.

If you're a DM with some skills in languages, you can apply to some dive center, but remember that here is full of western people and the locals can dive as well (at 1/10 of your salary...)

Maybe better luck un Gili Trawangan as DM, they need more people beacuse diving is the main thing there. I know the wages are incredibly low....(expect 3/400 us a month as a DM)

Just go back as a tourist.....

Nicola - I love your website... it actually made me cry! I have just left Bali after living there for three years. Unfortunately I never learnt to dive there (was too scared) although a lot of my friends are instructors and dive masters.

Just got my OW certificate two weeks ago and am in love with anything to do with diving! Reading about the mola-mola sighting gave me goosebumps... and your description of Tepekong was what made me cry - friends of mine have a house in Amuk village and we used to spend almost every weekend on a bamboo raft we constructed floating over the coral and snorkelling.... it is so beautiful there....

Where do you live? HOw long have you been there? I lived in Ubud, had a bar/cafe there... Saya sangat rindu Bali....

Hope to talk more to you sometime...

Hi Alison!

Just mail me at nicola@pobox.com and we can talk about Bali!

I'm livng in Sanur and I'm in Bali since 1996.....what a hard life!!

Talk to you soon!
Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom