Bali Itinerary - May/June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a 25yr old single guy traveling to indo for my first time. Main purpose of the trip is diving. With that said, I'd like to see some cool things, and do a bit of partying

I'll be landing in DPS May 24th (around 11am) will take a car to Tulamben and hopefully get a afternoon dive in. Planing on staying at LDR or Matahri then head over to PB to do some Manta diving. Will likely dive with Geko in PB.

Couple of questions:

How many nights should I stay in Tulamben? I'm thinking maybe 4 or 5 nights, and the other 4 nights in PB

Any recs for where to stay and dive in PB?

Can I go to UBUD as a day trip? really only interested in the Monkey Forrest and the rice patties

Is there anything else I should to topside?

4 nights sound like a lot to me. 2 full days at Tulamben should be enough to get in the major sites. PB can get you to both Nusa Penida sites and the sites just offshore like Tepekong or Mimpang. There is a lot more variety of sites from PB so I would favor more time there. Furthermore there is more to do topside from PB.

Ubud is a day trip from PB. There is too much to do topside to even start listing. Gecko has an outstanding reputation.

My 2 cents anyways. Regardless you will have a great time and the diving can be amazing. If you have the timing do a night dive at Tulamben on the full moon.

4 nights sound like a lot to me. 2 full days at Tulamben should be enough to get in the major sites. PB can get you to both Nusa Penida sites and the sites just offshore like Tepekong or Mimpang. There is a lot more variety of sites from PB so I would favor more time there. Furthermore there is more to do topside from PB.
Hmmmh, not sure you dived Tulamben with a good operator, there are 4 different sites in the bay, at least 4 more north in Kubu area, 3 coral sites out of the drop off, 7 or 8 more going south east.from Melasti to Bulakan. How do you cover this in 2 full days?

Dont do Ubud on a day trip, the night vibe is nice, busier than PB but much calmer than Kuta.

Kind of hard to see monkey forest and rice paddies at night Luko.

@justwannadivenow3, any chance that you can arrange the day tour either on your way from airport or on your way back? Ubud is in between Denpassar and PadangBai/Tulamben. Doesn't take long to get through the Monkey Forest.

4 days too much in tulamben area ?
I could list you a couple dozens interesting dive sites in the area.
I do agree that PB is nice too and access to Nusa Lembongan / Nusa Penida is quite easy and there are some dive sites not to miss there.

4 days too much in tulamben area ?
I could list you a couple dozens interesting dive sites in the area.
I do agree that PB is nice too and access to Nusa Lembongan / Nusa Penida is quite easy and there are some dive sites not to miss there.

what are some of your favorite dives in the Tulamben area?

Will 3/4 nights in PB be sufficient?

Tukamben Area i would do the classic Liberty / Drop Off Combo, then on antoher day Emerald and Palang Palang, One day macro in Sidemen / Seraya, visit the boga wreck and go to amed area :)

I can stay a week or even more in Tulamben without boring.
Previous trip end December for 5 days, we had daily early morning dive at wreck or slope for first dive, second and third dive were Seraya 2x, Melasti 2x, bulakan, drop off, boga wreck, kubu reef, Japanese wreck, pyramid,
Plus 2x nighdive at wreck and slope.

Last 9 years stayed each year in between 4 and 7 days in Tulamben, last year it was even twice.
Likewise Wisnu, 5 days in december but only in the area east and outside of Tulamben bay from Melasti to Bulakan.

I had no dives in the bay except once for the DropOff, this was only for a blackwater nightdive try with my guide.
Weird things hovering in the nightly mid water.

47218141772_1e0a74c3ab_z.jpg

32328197157_13b15acb0e_z.jpg

47217891622_8a292a9598_z.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom