Bali, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EmilyBallmer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i will be going there in October,is there anybody here who has been to that place?what was your experience----are there diving clubs/groups there?thanks

Bali is a major tourist destination so, as you would expect, the diving revolves around tourists rather than clubs. The diving is quite diverse, depending on where on the island you go. Tulamben, on the north shore, is probably the best place for beginners, and is my favorite place as well. It has good macro life and plenty of fish on a rocky, mucky reef, and it has the added appeal of a first-rate shipwreck, the US Liberty. There's not much night life up there. In the northwest corner is Menjangan, which always has a lee to dive in, has some strong current at times, and good muck diving as well. My hotel sat in the shadow of a volcano (which fed the hot sulfur spas) and adjacent to the national park. I have seen swordfish at both Tulamben and Menjangan, an occasional manta ray and shark, and mola-mola are occasionally seen at Tulamben, though I have never been so fortunate. To the south is Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan, where the possibility of pelagics is much greater, mola-molas are frequently seen (October is a good time), and the currents can be challenging, including updrafts and downdrafts. Lodging is available at every price point. October is the tail end of the dry season, but rain is always a possibility. You will enjoy Bali; it has everything a diver might want. Be sure to leave time for topside stuff.

Halo Emily...
I'm glad you will be going to Bali in October, I've never dive in Bali, but you can try check kapalselam.org , bali-dive.com. I'm not live in Bali but you can contact Corona dive club, the oldest dive club in Indonesia. Hope this information help you :)

Bali is our favorite destination - either underwater and topside (though we typically avoid the main tourist area at south); more than a dozen trip in 15 years.
As Valdimir said, bali offer anytype of tropical diving - and at any budget.
Plenty choices - from Northwest bali move clockwise you'll find Gilimanuk, Menjangan, Pemuteran, puri jati, lovina, kubu, tulamben, seraya, amed, candi dasa, padang bai and the islands nusa penida, nusa lembongan - if we you like pelagic and weird mola-mola in chilling water.
Liberty wreck at Tulamben probably the easiest wreck diving in the world - it's fish soup with its resident 1.2m barracuda and humphead parrotfish school like a tank regiment at early morning diving.
Although few people diving Sanur and nusa dua, but it's not really diving destination.
You can check to regional forum Indonesia to get more detail information about bali or simply search Bali in this forum.
If you're asking dive club, Indra has answered your question and if you men dive center, Bali probably has more than hundred dive center/shop.

Back
Top Bottom