Bali in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PK1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Suggestions for best area to dive in Bali in February? I'm an experienced diver (AOW; 200+ logged dives)

Padang Bai , Nusa Lembongan or thé Gili Islands. Depends on how much time you have , what your budget is and what your interests are.

Hey hey,
Let's see first what are your interests ? if you're looking for some good macro, definitely two days in Tulamben and consider a night dive there as well.

Nusa Penida is by far the highlight, should definitely do it and Gili Mimpang / Tepekong and Biaha, best dive sites for advanced divers.

P.S: Sharks came back to Tepekong :)

Thanks.

I have only 3 days so not enough time to move around a lot. I was thinking of staying in Candi Dasa but am open to staying elsewhere if diving is better in another area.

Staying in Candidasa may be a better option than spending a few nights in Padang Bai which can be a bit noisy, but it depends on what you want. Puri Rai was OK, Beji Bay Hotel wasn't that great last week when I stayed there (the breakfast was fine though), Bloo Lagoon sells itself as an eco resort with a hike in the prices to match this and OK Divers is just simply weird I find. There is also a cheap Homestay but I didn't enjoy it when I stayed there. Hope it helps!

We are staying in Candidasa at Sea Breeze and diving Padang Bai, Gili Tepekong & Mimpang, and Penida. This will (hopefully!) get us mantas, sharks, and some macro on a night dive. Geko is arranging our daily transport for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom