Bali diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griff_1984

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
haya guys and girls,

has anyone got any opions on the diving in bali? i'm thinking about spending my summer on the gili islands at a dive school getting my DM. if any one knows about the dive centres out there i was planning to go to the blue marlin dive centre, do you know any better ones??

cheers Griff

Really can't answer your question, and I wonder if it is a question or whether you might find a certain pleasure in making us all feel envious...

I did my very first dive ever in Bali--pre-certification--Circa 1997 (give or take a year). Hundreds of dives later, I have never been diving anywhere even remotely close in terms of beauty, but then I have since dove mostly cold murky waters here (US) and murky temperate waters in Taiwan (mainly spearfishing in the north). In Bali, not only do I recall visibility underwater that was no different from above water, but I also remember swimming through giant schools of colorful tropical fish--I recall four or five giant cuddlefish changing colors before me as well as a silver tip (I think) shark. I also recall water so warm that it was hardly refreshing--so leave your wetsuit home. Finally, I somehow also recall swift currents, so be careful.

Bali was certainly beautiful then. Now, I have no idea, but I dare not go back there again and risk sullying a very special memory.

Enjoy.

Was there this past September for 9 days. The diving is very good as far as marine life. Plenty of shore muck diving that was fun, we saw a great variety of critters. Be aware it is colder water than you might expect, 5mm wetsuit & hood. Some sites have rippin current, most sites are dove as drifts.

Also you should investigate the DM opportunities ahead of time. Most of the DM's I saw/met were locals from Nusa Pedina or Java. Try to be assured of DM work after completion.

Back
Top Bottom