Bali Diving Trip Report - 4 Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report. It sounds like a wonderful trip! We'll be there in two weeks on a similar itinerary.

Where were your favorite places to eat in Tulamben, Padangbai, and Seminyak?
In Tulamben we ate in the evening at Safety Stop which had huge portions and pretty tasty. At Padang Bai I think the place was called Topi Inn, nice mixed local dish there. In Seminyak there are hundreds of places to eat from different countries and at different budgets. Best bet is just o use TripAdvisor for there.

Thanks for the report. It sounds like a wonderful trip! We'll be there in two weeks on a similar itinerary.

In Tulamben we ate in the evening at Safety Stop which had huge portions and pretty tasty. At Padang Bai I think the place was called Topi Inn, nice mixed local dish there. In Seminyak there are hundreds of places to eat from different countries and at different budgets. Best bet is just o use TripAdvisor for there.

My wife and I tried a number of places in Tulamben. We shy away from the places that emphasize international food and prefer the ones that focus on Indonesian food. We settled on Warung Rusti as one of the best of the bunch and ate several meals there. It doesn't look any different from the other hole-in-the-wall warungs, and they offer the same Indonesian standards as the others--nasi goreng, mee goreng, ayam goreng, satays, gado gado, etc. However, we perceived every one of their renditions of these standards to be in some way better than most others we had sampled in Tulamben and elsewhere in our trip around Bali. You'd never know from the menu--it looks pretty much like all the others' menus. In other words, whoever it is back there in the kitchen is simply a good cook. Nothing fancy, nothing different, nothing "wow"--just a little bit better. Okay, one concrete example. Their gado gado is in the form of lettuce wraps, served in a nice presentation, rather than in the more common salad form, and the peanut sauce seemed superior to some others we had sampled.

Back
Top Bottom