Bali Diving - Staying @ Conrad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcsanity

Reaction score
I have done some searches, without alot of success.

We are looking at a trip to Bali around May/June next year. We would be staying at the Conrad in Bali. (Jalan Pratama 168, Bali, 80363, Indonesia) Is there a convenient small boat dive operation? How is the day trip diving in the area?

We have been diving as a live aboard on the Great Barrier Reef, Cozumel (pre and post Wilma), Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Grenada. Will the diving in Bali be good?

Thanks,

PC

Conrad is nice luxury ***** hotel located at Benoa, South Bali. The hotel and the area is not popular for diving operation. Still, there's few dive sites within 15 - 30 minutes small boat where you can find small fishes and coral - not very healthy, viz not good. Nothing special but better than not diving.
They as well as other hotel in this are may offer day trip to Lembongan island , Nusa Penida with Bali Hai cruise or other day trip to Candi dasa, Tulamben and Menjangan. I don't think they have their own dive operation - mostlikely they work with other popular dive shop.
I never been to the places you mentioned, but Tulamben is our favourite diving destination - easy diving, gerat wreck, abundant fish, makro too. Check other thread on this forum, lot information about diving in Bali incl. accomodation.

Hi PC,

If you are coming to Bali predominately for a diving holiday the Conrad is a definately a long way away from the the great diving spots.

Best diving had at Nusa Pendia, Lembongan Islands (small islands of the eats coast in Lombok Strait) and then up the east coast to Candi Dasa, Amed, Tulamben and over on the north west coast and Menjanan Island.

If you need more information let me know as there are lost of options including diving over at the Gilli Tarawangan. There are some excellent resorts / hotels in the areas but just depends on how luxurious you want them to be.

Cheers
Wayan

Any of the dive shops in Bali can arrange various day trips - even to Tulamben from your hotel. Nusa Penida trips (mantas and mola mola depending on the season) depart from Sanur (10-20min from your hotel).

Some shop recommendations would be BIDP or Aquamarine. Give them a call or email about planning your dive trips.
There are lot of dives ops in Bali, so I'm sure others will be recommended as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom